Monday, August 12, 2013

Man of many words. (Ha!)

We are officially on the countdown... 2 weeks left until we get to meet our little girls! They have been behaving really well, so that is why I haven't been blogging too much. There isn't a whole lot to say, which is a great problem to have.  We had our growth ultrasound today, and they didn't measure as big as I would have liked them to be. I was shooting for them to be at least 3 pounds, but they weren't quite that big. Baby A's belly wasn't as big as her sister's and she is only estimated at 2 lbs 10 oz. Baby B weighed in at 2 lbs 15 oz, which is only one ounce shy of 3 lbs, so that makes me feel better.  They haven't ever been this far off of each other (usually only an ounce difference) but there doesn't seem to be any concern.

So, because of not having too much to say, I decided that I would "interview" my husband, Jake, so we could hear his side of the story. Just keep in mind that he doesn't talk a whole lot (unless he has a few beers.) This IS the man who told me I looked "nice" on our wedding day (and it was a great compliment!), so I was lucky to get any answers out of him. Gotta love him, though! :)

What was going through your head when you found out I was pregnant?
·               I don’t know. A lot of things. Excitement, scary thoughts and lots of questions.
At the first ultrasound when we found out we were having twins we were both pretty quiet.  What did you REALLY want to say?
·              “Are you sure??” and “This can’t be happening.”
I’m sure you were looking forward to having two boys. How have your feelings changed since you found out you were having two girls?
·              I wasn’t ever really disappointed.   And on the bright side of things, girls can do all the      same things boys can, except pee standing up. They can grow up to be the outdoorsy        girls and still play in dresses if they want to.
Do you think there is too much pink already?
·               It’s not overwhelming…yet. 
Do you know how to braid?
·             No, not really. But I’m sure I’ll have to learn.
What has been the hardest thing about me being in the hospital?
·              Just not being able seeing each other every day and not being able to reflect our days        together. I kind of feel like I’m missing out by not being able to feel the babies all of        the time and not being able to go to every ultrasound.
What are you most scared of when the babies are born and they are up in the NICU?
·             Any complications that we wouldn’t normally expect. Everything might not go as smooth    as we hope for.
What are you most looking forward to doing with your twin girls?
·              Teaching them about the outdoors and hunting. There are a lot of other things that I am    looking forward to, but that is the main one.


   I want to thank everyone for all of the support and prayers. I really would like to thank those     of you who have taken time to visit Mady, because it really helps me out knowing that I can’t     always be there.


On a different note, here is my next "bump" picture. I think it has probably graduated to a "hill," or possibly a "mountain,"  but I'm still feeling pretty good! :)
30 Weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment