Thursday, August 22, 2013

My stay here at Mercy is soon coming to an end. This is VERY exciting news. That means I will soon get to meet my daughters, face to face. My daughters. Our daughters. Sounds funny coming from me! I guess I better get used to it, because I'll be able to say that for the rest of my life! :)

We are planning on delivering the babies sometime Saturday morning, as I will be at 32 weeks then. Hopefully everything will go as smoothly as my pregnancy has, and hopefully the babies will hit their 4 pound mark! That means tomorrow is my 59th and last ultrasound.  The full time ultrasound tech (the one who I see most often) told me today how happy she was that she was able to give me such good news almost everyday and that I am a rare Mono/Mono mom.  Most of the Mono/Mono moms don't experience such an easy going pregnancy. She was excited that I was able to make it to 32 weeks.  Also, all of the nurses have already wished me luck and tell me that everything will go just fine on Saturday.  They even told me that I have a designated spot on the bulletin board for a picture of our girls.  I guess being here for almost 8 weeks has an upside to it! ;)

Everything just seems so surreal. I can't believe that Jake and I are officially going to be parents in just under 2 days. I don't know if I can say that we are "ready," but I think we are as ready as we will ever be.  We are so looking forward to seeing what the girls look like and figure out how to team up together to be parents. I couldn't imagine trying to tackle this chapter in my life with anyone else!

I intend to continue to blog about the progress of the girls once they are born, as I'm sure I'll have a little time when they are in the NICU.  

I am excited to let everyone know how everything goes on Saturday, so keep your eyes peeled! :)

2 comments:

  1. Mady & Jake ~ We are praying for a safe delivery and continued great progress for the girls. Hard to believe it's time for their appearance. We have no doubt that you two will be terrific parents to these two blessings! Looking forward to many years of sharing in their lives :)

    Love to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very excited for all of you! Prayers and blessings for your family. Can't wait to see pictures. Take care and God bless, Larry & Kay

    ReplyDelete