Sunday, July 14, 2013

Chippin' away a day at a time...

It seems to me that things have "gone back to normal" (knock on wood) after our little episode we had early last week. The rest of the week has gone by smoothly, and surprisingly quickly.  Like Jake said, I'm already one-quarter of the way through my "staycation," and in just two more weeks I'll be half way! I am so relieved that time is going by fast.

This weekend was kind of a big deal. My friend from down the hall, the other Mono-Mono Mom delivered her baby boys yesterday! As far as I know, everyone is doing great and the delivery went well, also.  As for me, I got to upgrade to an east-side apartment in the sky. Ok, just kidding. But I did get to move down the hall to her room which is about double the size of the room I was staying in. AND there are two windows, a couch and more chairs, so now there should be plenty of room for visitors. :)

Since I have been so well behaved, I got another free pass today. Well, I guess it was the babies who were behaving, but they don't understand so I'll take the credit :) We left around lunch time and went to the mall to eat what I've been craving, Taco John's. I LOVE their meat and potato burrito, and I probably shouldn't even mention the churros. To DIE for! After lunch we caught the matinee of Grown Ups 2, which was pretty cute. I could definitely tell it was an Adam Sandler movie, which is fine with me.  Again, it was just nice to get out and do "normal" things, and this week I didn't feel as if I was doing something wrong :)

Us and our movie tickets!
When we got back from the movie, we were finally able to go up and tour the NICU to see where our babies will be after they are born. I'm not going to lie to you, it was overwhelming and a bit scary to see. There are so many machines up there that the babies rely on, and it's scary to think that our girls are going to be so early that they won't have developed all of their necessary skills. I have complete trust and faith in the staff here at Mercy and expect to come home with perfectly healthy babies, on their own schedule, of course!

Today when the doctor came in to see me, he said that we have made it 26 weeks and just need to "chip away a day at a time!" So, that's what I'm trying to do :) 

Again, I ask you to continue to pray for our little family as it continues to develop. I truly believe things would not be going this smoothly for us without all of your support!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad things are going so well and so fast! Blessings to you, Jake and the girls. Larry & Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mady,
    I understand what you are going through to some degree although I didn't get as far as you have. Moriah was born at 24 weeks and 1 day. Mercy is a great place to be!! They all had been so helpful and I cannot sing enough praises of the NICU!! They are all amazing!! If you need any help or support while you are in Des Moines let me know as we live in Des Moines. We will be praying for you all as we know that it was prayers that got us through!!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete