Saturday, July 27, 2013

WooHoo!!

Yesterday and today I have been celebrating (okay, maybe over-celebrating) that I passed the glucose screening. It was a close call, considering I didn't pass the one-hour test on Thursday.  I did, however, pass the 3-hour test yesterday! I celebrated by "letting" my brother and his family take me downstairs to McDonald's for lunch. And a piece of Oreo cheesecake. And some cupcakes and cake-pops today. (Hey, I told you that I may be over-celebrating!)

The glucose screening was the main event of the week.  Which is a good thing because that means that the babies are behaving, right? Yay! It's a lot to celebrate this week! Along with all of this, I can finally say that I'm officially in my third trimester and beginning week 28 today. :)
I think the babies are growing! :)
All in all, things have been going well. Babies are healthy and are performing during ultrasounds (for the most part).  The doctor seems to be happy with how things are progressing, which makes Mama happy :)  He did mention that he would like to give me another round of steroid shots to further develop the girls' lungs to help prepare them for life. 


The babies will get measured again on Monday, and I am very anxious to find out how much they are weighing in at. I am hoping that they will be at least 2 pounds, which means that I would like them to grow at least another 2 pounds in the next 4 weeks! I better continue to "celebrate" and eat more cheesecake and cake-pops! Uh, I mean baked chicken and protein shakes... :)

"Medicine-Woman" profile shot. We get lots of pictures that look like this...she likes to show off her "good side."
"Dr. Quinn" profile shot - with her hand over her face. She always seems to look like a damsel in distress.
 As always, please continue to pray for these girls. They are doing so well, and I know it is because so many people love them already. Thanks for all of the support! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment